10 things to do to celebrate Norfolk Day 2019
PUBLISHED: 11:29 08 July 2019 | UPDATED: 15:27 08 July 2019
([None] (Photographer) - [None]
Every day is Norfolk Day here on the magazine and now it is your chance to celebrate the many wonders of our beautiful county with a host of fun events and festivities
Norfolk Day 2019 will take place on Saturday, July 27, and there are all sorts of celebrations, big and small, happening throughout the day, which is backed by the Eastern Daily Press, the Norwich Evening News and BBC Radio Norfolk. Buy Norfolk Day memorabilia at www.norfolkday.co.uk and keep an eye out for events near you. #norfolkday. Here are 10 highlights…
1. This year's Southburgh World Music Festival has been rebranded the Norfolk World Music Festival in honour of Norfolk Day. Run by acclaimed musician and dancer Anna Mudeka, it features an exciting line up of bands, workshops and food and drink from around the globe.
July 26-28, norfolkworldmusicfestival.co.uk
2. Host a Norfolk Day Coffee Morning for The Big C charity to support local people affected by cancer. Sign up and gather your family and friends. The fundraising pack features recipes from top Norfolk chefs, event posters and balloons.
Runs from July 27 to August 2. fundraise.big-c.co.uk
3. Raveningham Gardens AESTIVAL Summer Fair, run in aid of CPRE Norfolk and Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, will showcase the best of life in the county. It includes local food and drink stalls, Norfolk designers and craftspeople, environmental and historic charities, an eclectic live music line up and tours of the stunning gardens.
Sunday, July 28, 10am to 4pm, £5, free for under 13s
4. A team of experienced and amateur boxers will take part in a 24 hour Boxathon on Norfolk Day, at Redwell Brewery in Norwich to raise awareness of mental health. It will promote the benefits of exercise to mental wellbeing, with anyone welcome to come along to watch or get involved or to simply talk.
5. The Norfolk Federation of the WI is holding a fun filled Norfolk Day garden party at its headquarters, Evelyn Suffield House in Norwich, from 10am to 3pm. Across the county, members have also organised dozens of Norfolk Day events in their communities.
See the Norfolk section of thewi.org.uk
6. The Loch Neaton parkrun in Watton will celebrate all things Norfolk with runners donning Norfolk inspired fancy dress - from Horatio Lord Nelson, Henry Blogg and The Broads to Cromer crabs, Boudicca and the bishy barnabee.
Run, jog or walk the 5km, starting at 9am. parkrun.org.uk/lochneaton
7. Go wild with a host of free family friendly activities and talks at the Norfolk Wildlife Trust's Cley Visitor Centre to encourage youngster to develop a life long love of nature. Includes free entry to Cley and Salthouse marshes.
8. The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House, at Hillington, will host its first summer fete to celebrate life in Norfolk. There will be crafts, games, stalls, a barbecue and refreshments and everyone is welcome.
11am - 2pm. norfolkhospice.org.uk
9. The Old Buckenham Airshow takes place on July 27 and 28 and promises a spectacular programme of flying in the skies above Norfolk, including the rare Sea Fury making its debut. On the ground, enjoy classic cars, stalls, food and drink and entertainment.
£18 adults, under 12s free. oldbuckenhamairshow.com
10. Enjoy an evening of live music, entertainment and the best in local food and drink at Titchwell Manor for their summer party celebrating Norfolk.
Tickets £45, 5.30pm - midnight. titchwellmanor.com