Biscotti with chocolate dip
PUBLISHED: 11:51 11 February 2014
For the biscotti
100g blanched almonds, toasted and chopped roughly
25g whole pistachios
25g dried apricots, chopped
450g plain flour
450g caster sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Icing sugar to dust
125g best quality, dark chocolate
200ml whipping cream
Zest of one small orange
Amaretto or your favourite liqueur
1. Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Mix in the eggs and sugar.
3. Mix in the almonds, apricots and pistachios.
4. Beat thoroughly.
5. Mould into long sausage shapes.
6. Bake on oiled baking sheets at Gas Mark 3/160C for approximately 15 minutes until just golden.
7. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and cut into strips.
8. Dust with icing sugar then return to the oven for five minutes until dry and crispy. Store in an airtight container.
9. To make the fondue, melt the chocolate gently with the butter, using a double boiler.
10. Add the orange zest.
11. Add a tot of your favourite liqueur.
12. Finish with the cream. Serve warm.