Superior prawn cocktail
PUBLISHED: 06:41 21 April 2014
6 small new potatoes, cooked
50g red onion
1 small stick celery and tops
1 dssp crème fraiche
Bunch flat leaf parsley
1 ripe avocado
Dash extra virgin olive oil
Pinch curry spice
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
125g peeled brown shrimps or best quality prawns
1. Chop the cooked new potatoes, the celery and the red onion.
2. Place in a bowl, add the crème fraiche and season. Set aside.
3. Scoop the flesh from a ripe avocado.
4. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of mild curry spice.
5. Add a dessertspoon of olive oil. Mash together and set aside.
6. Take the shrimps or prawns and season with the juice of the remaining lemon half, salt and freshly milled pepper.
7. Chop the flesh from the tomato and the flat leaf parsley.
8. Mix into the prawns.
9. Assemble the cocktail. Peel the cucumber and arrange decoratively on a plate. Using a suitably sized pastry cutter, press the potato salad into the base, placing the ring in the middle of the cucumber.
10. Add a layer of avocado, bringing it almost to the top of the cutter.
11. Pile the prawns carefully on top.
12. Remove the ring gently, garnish with a celery leaf and serve immediately.