Watch: Stunning bird murmurations in Norfolk
PUBLISHED: 17:31 10 November 2020 | UPDATED: 10:15 11 November 2020
The magical autumn wildlife display is an awe-inspiring sight to see. We’ve gathered some videos of the amazing bird murmurations that can be spotted in Norfolk
Between September and November, starlings and other birds put on a majestic display, known as murmurations. The phenomenon is believed to be a way for the starlings to keep warm during the colder autumn days and also to exchange information on places to find food.
Norfolk’s big open skies provide a wonderful backdrop for the birds’ performance. RSPB Titchwell Marsh, Burnham Overy Staithe, Stiffkey Marshes and Salthouse are just some of the places you might spot the display.
We’ve gathered some amazing videos of bird murmurations in Norfolk to ogle over...
• A mesmerising sunset display at Strumpshaw Fen
• Starlings dipping and diving over Great Yarmouth
• Wading birds murmurate in Snettisham
• A murmuration of knots dancing in and out of the last of the day’s sun rays
• Watching this Swaffham murmuration makes you feel like you’re right inside it